Agelaius is the scientific name for the pájaro varillero (varillero´s Bird), a typical argentine bird who lives in the litoral zone of the country (Santa Fe, Buenos Aires, Chaco, Formosa, Corrientes, Misiones and Entre Rios provinces)
This is a piece programmatic at the whole, and takes as central subject this Bird and the situations that he lives in a whole day: the music tries to describe these happenings.
The picture belongs to Adriana Patricia Canero
“Flores nocturnas”, Tec. acrílico sobre papel.
-Degree in Composition, Prof of Composition and Technique in Harmony and Counterpoint.
Her catalog includes works for solo instruments, chamber groups, symphonic orches with and without soloists, and works for a cappella mixed choir and with instrumental accompaniment. Since 2002, she has been a member of the SGAE (Spain). She has obtained the “Creation Stimulus Award” awarded by the SGAE Foundation on more than 10 occasions. She is a member of Argentine societies of composers: UNACOM and AAC, and the Red de Compositoras Latinoamericanas.
-Music and artistic director of the Rosario Ensemble, Center for Studies for the Diffusion of Contemporary Music, an organization that she founded in 1996.
-Integrant of different groups as violinist, violist and soprano
- the Orquesta del Ensamble Rosario (for the diffusion of contemporary music, with 25 years of activity)
- the Instrumentalia Group (Baroque group that she founded in 2006)
- the Chamber Orchestra of the Rosario University
- the String Camerata of the Municipality of Victoria, Entre Ríos
- the mixed chamber choir “Los Fulanos”